Experienced Lenexa Estate Planning Lawyer
Is it time to start planning for your retirement — or eventual death? Having a valid estate preservation plan is the only way you can be absolutely sure that your hard-earned success will remain in your family when you pass on.
If you reside in the southwest Kansas City, Kansas, metropolitan area, start meeting your estate planning needs by discussing your family’s circumstances with attorney Tracey D. Johnson of the Law Office of Tracey D. Johnson, LLC, in Lenexa. We are also licensed in Missouri.
Through a sound estate planning strategy, you can:
- Draft a will or trust so your surviving spouse and family members avoid probate court decisions about the disposition of your estate assets
- Make sure your surviving heirs and beneficiaries don’t face possible disputes or litigation over your last wishes
- Establish a trust to determine how your assets may be distributed to the beneficiaries, exactly under the conditions you determine
- Establish powers of attorney over your legal, financial and medical matters
- Draft a living will, advance health care directive specifying exactly how you want your final medical decisions made, removing the emotional decisions from your loved ones
- Make sure your favorite charity or religious institution continues to receive your financial support after you are gone
- Continue to take care of a loved one with special needs, after your death